Thursday, March 18, 2010

More Roadside Fun



So we were stuck in rush hour traffic the other day and caught this. Not one but TWO "Critter Control" vans were making a house call. I'm not sure exactly what this company is all about, but they have a raccoon painted on the side of their van. Seeing one truck didn't draw my interest, but when I saw the second one parked behind the bushes I got the camera out. As we inched forward, I could see men bringing large black garbage bags out of the house....and they were wearing....Hazmat suits! What in the world? I really needed a picture of that, but traffic was moving and Lucas couldn't get it (you didn't think I'd take pictures while driving did you?).

Now we had squirrels in a previous house, and I remember the moment when I found that they'd chewed through the ceiling into Baby Lucas's closet. I pulled something off the top shelf in there and bits of plaster and insulation rained down on my head. Aaaaaaaggghhhh! After that I'd turn the baby monitor up really loud, half-expecting to hear, "Hey Lady, we've got your baby...bring us the Honey Nut Clusters or else!"

That squirrel infestation went on for months before Dean finally triumphed over them (after he met one up close and personal on a ladder - howdy do!), so I feel for these people if that's what Critter Control is there for.

On the other hand, why do you bring out bags of material dressed like that for squirrels? No, I'm thinking it was something more sinister, and probably worthy of that rodent reality show I watched a couple of times on Discovery. Or hey, maybe their gerbils just got out!

3 comments:

KID, MD said...

LOL!!

Critter Control, Inc. said...

They were removing soiled insulation from that attic. We perform those services daily and since we're handling animal waste, we wear tyvek suits and respirators.

Thank you for noticing our trucks!

Sean Carruth, VP
Critter Control, Inc.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Good information to have. Your trucks are cool - much better than a giant rat on the side. Thanks for stopping by!