Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Karate and Betzina


Lucas learned a new kata tonight and was so proud to do it with Drew, and I just think it looks cool when they're kind of synchronized. Tracey, he wants to know what rank Parker is (it's turned into a competition now).

I had a lovely day shopping with my mother for the shirt fabric and jean notions for the Betzina retreat starting tomorrow - aaaagghhhhh! I'm so NERVOUS! My mom said to be sure and tell her I'm just a beginner, and everything'll be fine. (In my childhood her advice was, "Do your best and that's all you can do," and now she wants me to tell the woman I'm not very good?)

I'm sweating how to get all my sewing stuff up to the shop - this is worse than packing for a ski trip. I did buy a cool little case at Hancock's on sale for $19 that holds thread, scissors, bobbins, etc., and holds books or patterns on the outside, so I'll probably load that thing up. And they told me they have 2 irons, so I won't look like an idiot carrying that in there. But I DO think I should walk in dragging my dress form, just to start things off right - haha.

And I can't forget all my tracing paper, chalk, rotary cutter, and clean underwear....you know, since we'll be doing fitting stuff. This is going to be really embarrassing. I can't wait to let you know how it goes tomorrow. It's 2 pm until and it goes for 3 days, so the posts may be late. Ooh - I need to take pictures! Think she'll let me do that? I didn't even think about that - we'll have to see...

4 comments:

gwensews said...

You are so funny! You are a doctor--DOCTOR. You went to med school and passed who knows what all kinds of medical exams. You save lives. I am sure you can take a sewing workshop without being a failure! Have a great time!

Junior said...

Very nice!!! Parker is a green belt in karatedo Shuri-Ru.
Good luck at your sewing retreat...
don't be nervous!

KID, MD said...

I'm so excited for you! It's gonna be awesome!

My word verification is "chic"! How appropriate!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Hey Gwen, know what you call the guy at the bottom of his med school class? Doctor! I've always loved that joke (don't worry, doesn't pertain to me). Thanks for the encouragement!