Friday, March 19, 2010

Party Preparations and Fabric



Well, we're co-hosting a little party with the neighbors for the block this evening, and Chef Dean spent at least 8 hours yesterday cooking pasta salad (with sausage and tortellini - yum) and seafood gumbo. Who knew the refrigerator could be arranged like this? It was like Dinner Impossible - there are 80-90 invitees, so Dean quadrupled his gumbo recipe and had to mix the salad in a big cooler (properly washed first, of course). I wanted to get a timer out and do a big countdown like on the show, but I didn't really want the yelling that they also have...

I also wish I had time to whip up a cute top to wear since my stash is growing (I've picked up bad habits from you sewing women), but, alas, party preparations come first. This rayon lycra knit is my favorite but I haven't settled on a pattern yet. Something with 3/4 sleeves for sure; maybe that Jalie top Katie did that looked really nice.

And this tie-dyish purple stretch woven feels like buttah - so soft and $4.99 at Fabric by the Pound.

And finally, this pink print grabbed my eye a couple of times in Hancock's so I finally bought it - but there was only one yard left on the bolt for $2.99 - DOH! Guess it'll be a T-shirt. (Tracey, if you like it, it's yours - may not be wild enough for you though.)

Okay, off to see if the purple Cougar shirt might be appropriate with jeans for this party since it's not so cold today....

5 comments:

KID, MD said...

Fun fabrics! What is Fabric by the Pound?? It sounds awesome!!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

It's a store in Summerdale, AL near Foley. Kind of an old warehouse with tons of fabric, but mostly for home decor. They have lots of outdoor fabrics, 120 inch wide fabric, foam, etc., but they do have a little apparel fabric - mostly quilting stuff and cotton. I guess some of it sells by the pound but mine was per yard.

Junior said...

yea, I like that pattern....that might work. It's off-the-wall and fun!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Ok,I'll bring it to the beach. We can still go to P'cola if you like. I'll have to read how to do a full bust adjustment, since you're more endowed than I am!

Junior said...

oh no no no.....gravity has reared it's ugly head.