Monday, March 1, 2010

Drunk Priests in Zea's

In sewing news, I got my next project of brown twill pants cut out (Jalie 2909 I think - reportedly the best pants ever) and actually got interfacing ironed in place before dinnertime - shocking! Unfortunately, I didn't measure anything like crotch length or depth (the non-sewers are going ewwwwww!), so we'll hope like hell that they fit out of the envelope!

The entertaining comment of the night came from Drew (13) who was once again discussing religion, his Episcopal school, and his friends who are "atheist-agnostic" or Muslim. He said he does Communion every month - I had no idea! - and that they use real wine, 'cause it sho' don't taste like grape juice! Lucas (7) questioned him about drinking wine, but Drew assured him that, "we just dip the cracker in the wine, the priests drink the rest of it."

Good old belly laugh on that one! As for deeper matters of Christianity vs. Islam vs "atheist-agnosticism" (which the kid says means he can't prove God does exist, but he can't prove he doesn't exist either), that will require heavier drinking on my part, and I'm on call, so that'll have to wait.

1 comment:

Junior said...

too funny about the wine!