Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Goodbye, Peter Graves

Oh, we'll miss you Peter Graves. Lucas recognized him on the news last night before they even mentioned Airplane. And I was kind of shocked that they actually put the clip about gladiators in there! (Of course, it was more benign than some of the others, but I was holding my breath, though the kids have already seen the movie.) If you don't remember, here's a little clip:



That came from an awesome website with more audio clips (entertonement.com) should you ever need one, by the way. We may have to pull Airplane out and watch it again - such great lines (and don't call me Shirley!), but some are a little risque. All of that stuff was over my head the first time I saw it in Birmingham with my family. I literally FELL OUT of my chair at one point because I was laughing so hard. One thing we Arnold children pride ourselves on is being able to quote lines from Airplane at the drop of a hat.

And one day when I asked Drew what he was making and he replied, "Well I can make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterydactyl," I just beamed with pride.

3 comments:

Junior said...

Very nice and respectful....Mr. Graves would be touched.
"There is only one river....there is only one sea...."

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You know, that may be where I got the line about uncontrollable flatulence. Remember when Leslie Nielsen is listing the symptoms to the stewardess and Peter Graves has them all - such good stuff!

Junior said...

that's a classic scene! I love the
"thinks he's Ethel Merman' scene as well!