Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend At-traction - Get It?

Beautiful weather this weekend - warm enough to lay out in the sun and get a little pale (I don't tan, I just go from deathly white to pale to burned in about 20 minutes). Of course, I now have to do "home traction" twice a day for 20 minutes, in addition to rage-inducing steroids and a sleep-inducing antidepressant which works for neuropathy, so I'm like an angry drunk much of the day - woohoo! We had a great dinner Friday night, followed by some traction. See how my neck is stretching out - can't you feel that disc slipping back in place?


And Saturday it was great to sit outside and wave at passing boaters since the weather was so nice. (No no, I'm not caught in a gill net...keep moving, you're creating a traffic jam...please put your cameras away...)

We had a delicious dinner Dean cooked Saturday night before going to a little neighborhood party. Luckily they had dimmed the lighting for the band, so I don't think anybody noticed the marks on my neck from the traction.

So anyway, I was going to show you the patterns I picked for the Betzina retreat but the Vogue site is being temperamental, so I'll try again later. Hope everybody else's weekend was as great as ours!

5 comments:

KID, MD said...

That looks fun! Doctors are mean! ;-P

gwensews said...

Seriously, I thought science had come further than an ancient chin-sling thingie! I sure hope it helps you because man--it sure looks miserable!

Junior said...

Wow....that's, um, really interesting looking. Looks like a homemade contraption fashioned with oversized underwear. But hey, if it works! Love the 'waving' picture with Jake. What does the family say about it?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You guys are funny. I think this is the surgeon's way of humiliating the patients till they come back begging for surgery. The family got a kick out of it and the kids had to try it - with less traction lest they pop their little heads off! I feel like Barney Fife hanging in the closet trying to get taller - remember that one Tracey?

Junior said...

that episode with Barney sounds sorta familiar. But that has given me a good belly laugh just thinkin' about it.
When are you going to post something about Peter Graves? Since he recently died & knowing how we adored Airplane.......