Sunday, March 7, 2010

Second Day of Sewing Retreat

Wow, the sewing retreat ran long last night! I got the waistband done and tried out my Brother PC-420's buttonholer for the first time last night (at 11 PM while watching Saturday Night Live). Things have changed since the last time I made a buttonhole. I can't remember how I used to do it, seems like you measured the button and did a calculation, or maybe there was just a standard buttonhole size. Well NOW you slide the button into the foot and it automatically measures it. When I attach the foot, I pull a little lever down from the underside of the machine and hook it to the foot, and it tells the foot when to change directions. I feel like an 80-yr-old learning to use a computer for the first time. (I feel 80 mostly because the crick is back in my neck.) And then it'll sew on the button for you - how awesome is that?

So it was almost 1 AM when I went to bed. And Jakey is having a rough time, I guess because everybody left and he thinks I'll disappear next. He stays within 10 feet of me at all times and won't even go out in the yard unless I walk out there with him. If I stay on the porch, he stays on the porch. Such an insecure doggy...he also finds the sewing retreat very boring.

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

Fun!!! I love my automatic buttonholer, but it did take me some getting used to. Every once in a while I do one manually, just to see if I still can...

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Now that's just being an overachiever!