Monday, March 15, 2010

Betzina plans

So this is what I got for the Betzina retreat - the shirt got great reviews at patternreview.com for the most part, although one person commented on the tiny sleeves. The jeans also got great reviews, although I plan to leave off the back pocket zippers and all those buttons on the front pockets. (Though the hottest kindergarten teacher in school wore jeans with zippers on the back pockets last week - maybe I should take a lesson....but she weighs 95 pounds and is 36-24-36, so it won't look the same on me.)


And I got my stretch denim from fabrics.com, but Dawn was right - I didn't read the label well and ended up with the polyester stuff that drapes so nicely. I have the real stuff coming tomorrow - they're fast! Haven't figured out what fabric to use with the shirt yet...

5 comments:

KID, MD said...

Nice patterns. They are both good basics. I have a tendency to buy flashy patterns that sit in my stash while I sew up the basics that I wear constantly.

Junior said...

Perhaps if I buy some material, you would sew something simple for your precious sister when she comes to visit?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yes, Katie, I bought several wild shirt patterns that I really won't wear, so I'm trying to be realistic now!
And yes, precious Tracey, I'll be happy to make you something. If you peruse patternreview.com (go to review gallery on left) & pick out something you like, we can go to P'cola for fabric & I'll bring my machine to the beach - it'll be fun!

Junior said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Junior said...

I'm excited! What to pick, what to pick?!