Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm Petering Out Now...

Well, got the pants hemmed, labelled, and ironed. What next? I was going to go back to Hancock and get more pants fabric, but I have 2 slinky silky stash things that I want to make shirts out of, and that sounds more fun right now.

In other news...we've got Ron White tickets - WOOHOO! (He was part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour with Jeff Foxworthy, for those not familiar.) I think he's hilarious in a very warped way, but the freaky thing is that he could be the brother of my Dad's best friend Ron from Sylacauga. (Hey Babe...that was for you Tracey.) My favorite bit was some story about being in a crash in Mexico and having to get a steel plate in his head, and the doctor told him he was lucky to be alive, but to be careful.....this plate is hot.

Anyway, off to Blockbuster to get 2012 with Nicholas Cage - I didn't get to watch much TV last night since I was knee-deep in pants, but nobody's coming home till tomorrow and I'd like a little entertainment. (Oh, aren't the Oscar's on?)

4 comments:

gwensews said...

Sounds like you had a rip-roaring, sewing weekend! How great is that? I've been to Ron White's show. He doesn't hold anything back!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh, and I got my 2nd wind - I went to Hancock before the movie store and bought 2 more fabrics for pants, and am now cutting out another Burda top out of this wacky striped fabric I had in stash...I see another late night ahead!

Junior said...

You should call the shirt 'tater salad'

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Hee hee!