Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fleece Jacket Mayhem

Nothing will touch your heart like seeing your children wearing their custom-made (not homemade) jackets to school on out-of-uniform day. Today was 32 degrees so heavier coats were in order, and both boys opted for their fleeces. Lucas was revved up about it, in fact.

After school I asked him if he got any comments on it.
L: "Well, let's just say that we may need to wash it."
Me: "Why?" (Did somebody push him down in the dirt and make fun of his jacket?)
L: "Because there were so many hands on it! Everybody wanted to touch it! And you have been told what a good sewer you are."
Me: "Oh yeah?"
L: "Yeah, a bunch of people said it looked like a North Face jacket."

BUT....he decided he's ready to have it embroidered. Now, I'm thinking something like Drew's "The Derp Face" in a font and location similar to the North Face. Well Drew refused to let him get "Derp Face Junior," so he thought about "Make Mine Decaf." Kind of cute...but he decided finally on "I'm with AWESOME." Now that'll be 2 lines of text with an arrow pointing up at the end.

And that's going in red thread (as suggested by the monogramming chick)...on the BACK of the jacket just below the blue overlay....in BIG letters.

I didn't cry in front of him, but he saw the look on my face and again made his case that this is HIS special jacket. And he was impressed that the monogramming chick was very serious about fonts and placement and not smiling at all. (Oh well, the sleeves were a little too short anyway.)

6 comments:

Pam said...

Your son is adorable! Seriously, I would have been in tears myself! Good luck with the embroidery!

Ann Made Studio said...

How nice that the kids really liked his jacket. He was surely proud :)

KID, MD said...

Aww, he loves it! That makes it all worthwhile. Even the "AWESOME" monogram...

Pam said...

By the way, my email is pammieellen@gmail,com (I thought there was a "contact me" button on my blog - i'm going to have to check it out!). I took JStern's jeans class at ASG (She does have it online too at Pattern Review). However, She has her "workbook" from the workshop for the jeans to order on her blog and I found it extremely informative. It's available at:
http://jsterndesigns.cinematicweddingstory.com/?p=1603

Feel free to email! I'm in the middle of a red pair myself! Happy Sewing!

RobbieK said...

I can't wait to see the embroidery.

I'm struggling with some jeans right now, myself. They are toooooo tight!

Junior said...

He cracks me up! He is AWESOME!