Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sewing Mojo Back in Action!

But first! The Century Plant, Agave americana, which only blooms once in a lifetime. Wikipedia says it can reach up to 6 feet tall...I beg to differ! Looks like something from a Dr. Seuss book to me.


Next, I love this little shrug I made, but it wouldn't stay buttoned and always hung awkwardly. Enter 2 buttons from Mobile Yarn...


Fabulous!


Next, I made a shirt in a day! I used the Alabama Chanin T-shirt top but changed the front neckline to a Jalie V-neck. My original plan was to add a peplum to it, but I didn't have enough fabric, and an AC "babydoll" treatment would make me look pregnant.


Very proud of this V-neck, since it's been a few years since I made one.


I couldn't give up on an individualized bottom, so I tried a new decorative stitch on my Brother and loved it!


Should've done that swayback adjustment for sure, and the hem gave a little waviness to the bottom of the shirt, so I have a pseudo-mini-peplum, I guess. (Brief Aside on Aging: Do you notice that you purse your lips more as you get older? I constantly find myself pursing my lips for some reason...age? Or early Alzheimer's?)


And I was Facebook'd that Dean's Japanese cousin had a new baby boy, so of course I have to knit him a baby blanket! Enter some baby-soft DK and a blanket pattern. Heidi recommended holding the yarn double to make it go faster, so I've learned yet another technique.


Who wants to come for a mini-GCGSW(KW) Saturday? Robbie, at the very least, maybe we can get together for lunch or coffee....whatchoo doing this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow the 25th? Lets do lunch! You pick the place....

Robbie