Saturday, March 6, 2010

Let the Sewing Begin...

Ahhh, back from the hospital, leftover pulled pork from The Brick Pit in my belly, now to begin sewing the fabulous pants that will fit well and look a smidge sexy, but will still be appropriate to wear to work. The children and husband are safely at their destinations and having fun, so let the sewing retreat begin.

Speaking of sewing retreats, I perused the available patterns for the upcoming course. I assume you must use her patterns, but I didn't ask. But if the patterns aren't included in the price then it looks like you could bring whatever you want, huh? Anyway, here's one I would wear, assuming the hem doesn't make my hips look a mile wide. (Is that fair really? They ARE a mild wide, it's not the pattern's fault.)

But now look at this - where would you actually wear these pants? In my particular situation it looks like an arrow that needs a sign: "In case of avalanche, fat stores are located here."

Again, ANYBODY who's ever been to a sewing class, please give me some advice on how it works. I did find out that I bring my machine and "basic sewing supplies," otherwise I rent a machine for $5/day. Interesting...

No comments: