Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fabric Sale - Waaah, waaah!

Well, the big fabric sale at the church was something of a bust (That was the Debbie Downer theme in the title, if you didn't get it). It was almost all upholstery fabric, and very old upholstery fabric at that (Think Mamaw's floral couch). I did find one roll of what I think is brown twill, so I'll make some shorts or pants out of that. And there was a HUGE roll of this blue/purple striped fabric - do I need that much? Of course not, but it was $5 a roll and I figure I'll recover some chair cushions at the beach (Really? You know how to do that? Of course not, but what could be so hard?) or make the family some matching shorts - look out now!



Here's the really exciting fabric - swimwear! Got it from Fabric.com on sale for $9.98/yard, so add the lining in there, and these bathing suits will have cost me about $18 each. Not bad. Sorry for the poor lighting - everything is more yellowish than in real life.



I think the pink is my favorite one - makes me look like I have a tan. (Yes, I am sometimes overly optimistic and sometimes just downright delusional.)



If I get my "muslin" for my swimsuit together I'll post a picture. And by muslin, I mean that I wanted to get the fit right before I cut the new fabric, so I pulled out another stretchy thing to practice on....that's right, my Mardi Gras dress fabric - ooh la la! I may have to wear this on the dock if it turns out...oh wait, that might scare away the dolphins. I don't want to cause another environmental catastrophe. Strike that, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Your bathing suit fabrics are perfect!

I "finally" :) posted a picture for you of the Neue Mode dress. It was a quick back yard deck picture session so when I actually wear it out it should be a better picture :)
How are you doing with your dress?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You guys check out Ann's fabulous dress at her blog!