Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

What a fabulous Mother's Day weekend I had! Drew made homemade calzones for me Friday night (cooking camp last summer - priceless!). He also refused to smile for a picture, but we'll cut him some slack since he's 13.



Lucas made me a beautiful photo holder and wrote a nice letter about how great I am at sewing (flattery is always appreciated!).



Dean cooked me a special dinner Saturday night and a fabulous breakfast this morning complete with 2 pots of my favorite flowers.



Jake was a good boy and came back from chasing herons without my having to call him. (He asked me to post his "king of the world" pose instead of his usual boat pose with his tail between his legs.)



Now I'll tell you the best Mother's Day gift I got this weekend - my children enjoyed each other's company and had a blast with each other the whole time. Of course your kids love YOU and are nice to YOU, but when they're nice to each other it makes life worth living. And I'm proud that when Drew wasn't wearing a bathing suit, he was wearing the shorts I made him (yes, for 3 solid days - I washed them Saturday night after he went to bed). Now he's asked me for a matching shirt...let's not discuss where he got his fashion sense.

Now you say, "But Lynn, where are the pictures of you?" Well here they are - keep in mind my bathing suit is modest and you'll see no shave or wax marks, so these photos are from G-rated spots (not to be confused with "the" G-spot, I don't even know where that is...exactly). But there's no need to try and guess where they came from (uh, my shoulder and my knee - satisfied?); I only post them to show what happens when you don't sunscreen because it's OVERCAST, and of course you can't burn when it's overcast, right?




Well, the sun DID come out for 20 minutes. And my shorts and Tshirt got wet at the beach so I took them off and had the bathing suit on underneath. But I didn't EXPECT to do that so I hadn't sunscreened that area. Take a lesson.

So I hope you all had a happy Mother's Day weekend as well, and remember your skin cancer prevention. (I hear that train a'comin'...)

3 comments:

KID, MD said...

Looks like you had an awesome time - now go get some aloe vera and topical lidocaine. Love that stuff.

Note - spell check objects to the word "lidocaine". Hmm.

Kitschy Coo said...

Glad you had a good mother's day, sounds like you were spoiled an appropriate amount! Boo to the sunburn though...

Junior said...

your mother's day sounds like it was splendid! I won't lecture you on the lack of sunscreen.....this time! That's an important thing in the Baker household. Happy belated Mother's Day!