Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Stayed Up Till 2:30 AM

Well here are the boys at the Hangout Music Festival - cool sand sculptures, huh? I think what Lucas is showcasing is the fact that Drew is wearing his me-made shorts, though. (Thank you Carol-Marol - who remembers the show?)


The pattern calls for webbing on the cargo pocket flap which I didn't buy, so I looked in Lucas's closet for ideas. Black webbing on a backpack, nah...white webbing on a duffel bag, maybe...then I found this:


It couldn't be more perfect! So here are the almost-finished shorts with a closeup of the pocket (I know you can't see too many details because of the fabric, so I skipped a lot of topstitching I had done on Drew's shorts.)



I'll review these soon - there are only 2 reviews for the shorts on PR, and one of those had the same trouble I did with the waist facing at the fly - so confusing!

So here's my favorite SNL clip from last night - stick with it because when Alec Baldwin comes in it's just hilarious (if you share my odd sense of humor).

3 comments:

Pam said...

We saw that clip too! So funny! I love the new shorts - great material!

KID, MD said...

Nice save with the webbing. It looks cool. Those are going to be some awesome shorts.

Junior said...

nice detail on the pocket!