Saturday, May 29, 2010

Swimsuit Funk

Well, I worked on those danged boyshorts ripping out elastic at seams so I could tighten them up, and it worked pretty well till I sewed the elastic back together twisted. That was apparently the last straw, because I just got very funky (emotionally speaking, not odiferously...if that's a word). I put them on and it looked a little better, but Dean walked by and said, "Aren't those supposed to be tight?" Right you are, Sir! They're not, and even if I succeed in tightening up the legs, they still don't make it past the cheeks far enough. I do believe I've made my first wadder. (I'll wear something awful if I can possibly get away with it because I hate wasting time and fabric.) So I sadly folded up all the swimsuit paraphernalia and stacked it in a corner of the cutting table to tackle another day.

I decided to do something for instant gratification, so I started on my mother's lake shirt. The whole family goes to the lake every year, and my sister wanted a Simplicity 2666 shirt, so I had the bright idea to make all the women (4 total) this shirt. It was going pretty well but I was still feeling like a failure, when the doorbell rings out of the blue. Well it's the nice postman and look what he's brought me!



Wow! God is smiling at me (or telling me I don't know what the hell I'm doing), because this wasn't supposed to arrive until next week! When is the post office ever EARLY with a package?! So now I can start reading about swimsuits and come back to mine better prepared.

Well, I whipped out my mom's shirt in record time - about 2 hours from cutting to trying on - the fastest ever. I'll finish the straps when she's here to try it on, but it should fit perfect since it's a tad loose on me. And my funkiness is all gone - hooray!



Now you go have a good weekend too, and if you get funky I hope God sends you a postman!

2 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

That's a bugger you can't get your shorts to work, hope the book helps!

Ann Made Studio said...

I like this one too. I think it's a great idea to make everyone a top :)