Thursday, May 6, 2010

Junior Kicks Ass!

Well I'm so proud of my little sister, who used to go by "Sister" here till we realized how confusing that was, so now she's "Junior." She told me that yesterday she and my nephew stopped for gas and while she was filling up, a man on the other side of the pump filled his tank then watched her a while. He then started to approach her so she knocked on her van window and my nephew jumped into view with a cell phone to his ear (I'm not ordering a pizza here, mister!) The guy then proceeded to ask her something about her car and made unintelligible conversation at her while stepping toward her, and her ladies' self-defense training kicked into action.

Now first I have to tell you our background - we are meek little Southern belles who have never spoken ugly to anyone not related to us. When she and I were living together my first year of medical school, a man knocked on the door selling magazine subscriptions. I looked over his paper and he told me he was so hot and thirsty, could he possibly have a drink of water? (Well of course, Sir, come right on in!) I had a bad feeling, but I said I'd get him something and he asked to come into the air conditioning. Tracey shot daggers at me when I let him in, but she fetched him a glass of water. He then smiled at us and said, "Now I need you to do one...more...thing for me..." This is when I'm picturing us bound with duct tape and stuffed in the trunk of a car - why am I so stupid and gullible? We both must've looked like deer in the headlights, and he said, "I need you to have a great day!" I think we both soiled our pants in relief (then she ran to the phone as fast as she could to call our mother and tell on me).

So you're wondering what Tracey's training has enabled her to do at this gas station....well she looks the guy straight in the eye and says loudly, "If you mess with me, I'll kick your ass."

HOO-AHHHH - go Sister! I mean Junior!

3 comments:

KID, MD said...

That's awesome!! Good for her!

Junior said...

Thanks! I tried not to show any fear through my body language but thought to myself, "well I think that's all the gas I'll be gettin' today!" Man, that adrenaline was pumping just like the gas I was putting in the van! People are nuts!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You remember that sister - people are nuts, and you're one of 'em! Bring it!!!