Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where did "Storm's a-Comin'" Come From?

Uh, yeah, Drew said the waistband of the shorts was itchy where the zipper comes up too far. Gotta fix that. He also asked me if I was sure I put the button on correctly. (No, baby, you know Momma's got Mad Cow.) He asked me if I could redo the fly with a normal button, so I shall close the existing buttonhole (Really? How you gonna do that? I don't know, but stop talking to yourself.) and put a new one on the front like a RTW pair of shorts.

That aside reminded me of a poem:

Roses are red, violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.

But that crazy kid liked the shorts enough to wear them to dinner out! (I didn't say we were happy that he wore them to dinner.) And yes, we had a dozen oysters at Sunday lunch and 2 dozen oysters at dinner last night. Gotta get 'em while the gettin's good, people. (Oil spill's a-comin!) Maybe I overdosed on wine tonight...

4 comments:

Pam said...

Success with the shorts! Hurray! Yes, I would be an oyster eating freak - we don't really have them out here in LA - but I may make a journey this weekend to have some!! Cause, as you say, it's gonna be a while . . .

KID, MD said...

If he wore them ,they are a winner!! Close the buttonhole by zigzagging over it with a wide stitch. Ask me how I know. ;-) And be glad it is on the inside...

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Hmm, West Coast oysters, yum? I'll have to try those - oh, I may get to since we won't have any of our own! And bless you KID for the tip - you continue to rock.

Ann Made Studio said...

Oh my, I love your poem...there are days this applies :))))))