Saturday, May 15, 2010

Call Weekend = Sewing!

Well they left me again to go to the Hangout Music Festival at Gulf Shores, and I can't go because I'm on call, but it's all good because I get to SEW! Now Victoria was talking about how her TV distracts her from sewing, and apparently this blog is distracting me from sewing.

I was working on Lucas's shorts and Lady Gaga came on the TV (I was bouncing between Fox News and CNN trying to be bipartisan). Well I started composing new words to Telephone, which I have now been working on for an HOUR! Of course I had to check the video, which was quite shocking - who knew Beyonce would agree to that? But now I'm working out the logistics of getting it on here - I can link the song so you can listen and read the words at the same time, because just reading it doesn't make sense. But I think I need to sing over the music so you'll get the beat, so I'll need a microphone. (This is where my family commences to vomiting and denying any relation to me.) So I'm headed back upstairs to work out the rest of the words in my head while finishing Lucas's shorts and hopefully cut out a top for myself. And just you wait...you'll get some Lady Sister later tonight or in the morning! (Is that a threat or a promise, Sister? Oh, if you knew how I sing, you'd know it was a threat.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn,
Saw you on Pattern Review and checked out your blog. Looks like we might be neighbors. I live in Gulf Shores and can hear the music festival from my back yard.

Robbie

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Hi Robbie! I "met" another PR person who lives here in Mobile - small world. Now where do you shop for sewing stuff in GS - do you go to Daphne or does Hobby Lobby have a good selection? I haven't seen many fabric places over there (just upholstery).

I hope the festival doesn't get rained out today - it seemed like a pretty good turn out from what I've heard.