Monday, January 25, 2010

Nearly There!



Ooh, you gotta watch the lighting in this dress. Notice how in one light the gut is the focus? I see lots of "oh, when's your baby due?" comments coming. Thus I've decided to go ahead with the drape the pattern calls for, but I'll do it in black instead of the same dress fabric like they do. That should also cover most of the center front seam - why'd they put that there? That's the first thing Dean noticed when he saw the skirt lining pinned on in that last picture. Anyway, so happy to almost be done - yippee!

In other news...the muscles are still growing - I've stuck with this working-out thing this whole time except for one day last week when I got dizzy due to poor hydration...plus those palpitations due to too much caffeine. Not cool to pass out in the weight room at the YMCA, but if you're goin' down, at least be muscular about it. If I lose consciousness, I'd rather hear, "Wow, she must've lifted too much on that last set," than, "What is such a poorly conditioned lady doing in the weight room, yo?" And my dear sister sent me a DVD to use with my giant exercise ball, which has heretofore been more of a bouncing toy for Lucas and something to stumble over for Dean.

So this dress will hopefully set off my massive quadriceps and showcase my powerful deltoids (don't forget the fake boobage).

1 comment:

Junior said...

Lookin' good!! Can't wait to see a pic of you actually wearing it!