Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two More Lucas-isms

Last night at bedtime Lucas told me that a classmate got mad at him for touching her chicken nugget. He said it was just an accident; he hadn't meant to. I told him touching someone's food can never happen accidentally, so was he leaning too close or playing or what? He fessed up that he was showing her something (a trick to do with your nugget?) and touched it, whereupon she ran to the teacher and told on him. He claims not to have heard what the teacher said (selective deafness?). I didn't buy it and gave him a stern lecture on germs, manners, etc. This morning he complained of a stomachache after breakfast, which I also didn't buy, and sure enough, right before I dropped him off at school he said his teacher might be moving his desk away from the girl today. The story always comes out eventually. (But there were no repercussions after all, so it was apparently an inconsequential poultry molestation.)

Also tonight after the Scout dinner, I thought he was asking me about the difference between banana pudding from 2 different restaurants, when he was actually asking about the difference betweeen 'nanner puddin' and bread pudding. When I figured that out with an exasperated sigh, he said, "I'm sorry, I thought we were on the same page." Now where did he hear the page analogy? (My page usually has the heading "Mad Cow.")

6 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Poultry molestation does indeed sound like a pretty serious offence.

Oh, and it's very important you do not refer to your period as 'thrush' (unless you want to start a new trend). It means YEAST INFECTION, while sounding more benign and friendly :)

gwensews said...

Good thing it was a nugget and not a breast!

KID, MD said...

You gotta love 'em! Kids, not nuggets.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

@KitschyCoo - I wonder if my SIL Elizabeth knows that one - she's a nurse who used to deal with lady-bits, as your friend called it. Good to be set straight on that.

@Gwen - you're good - got a guffaw out of that this morning!

Ann Made Studio said...

lol...too funny...You have a great sense of humor.

Junior said...

Deep Thoughts by Lucas....