Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Real Slick Britches!


Hmm, what's this? Just the first attempt of mine to do something really different to a pattern. I haven't ever tried French seams or flat-felled seams (I still can't remember the difference) or anything that the pattern doesn't tell me to do, although I did line that glittery shirt and was mighty proud of it. But my first pair of Jalie 2909's showed bumps and bulges at the hip in addition to fierce panty-lines, so I decided to try and line this second pair with a Betzina method. (If that woman said she liked cat turds I'd probably try 'em.) Now of course she recommends this little half-lining for the front so if you sit all day you can stand up without wrinkles, but who the hell cares about wrinkles when your pants are hanging up on your cotton panties (knickers for my UK peeps). So I applied it to the rear....a half-ass attempt if you will.

Well, maybe that's the whole problem I'm having with the wrinkles on the back legs and the pucker at the waistband that I ended up with last night, but I gotta tell ya' - these things slide off and on like buttah! There will be NO panty lines. That's right - nothing to distract you from the hip indentations that I still didn't get rid of...or the leg wrinkles. And I hate that I'm burning out on these because I did spend one whole afternoon working out that lining...about a month ago. (And you can see a month's worth of basting lines on the legs - I tried about 4 different stitching lines to get rid of the wrinkles.)

Anyway, I WILL finish these pants. As God is my witness, they're NOT gonna lick me! As God is my witness, I'll never be pantsless again! (Paraphrasing from Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind, of course.)

5 comments:

Pam said...

I love it!! That Scarlett picture is fantastic - I know what you mean about lining - I had a big problem with my Colette dress - I wish you the best! I can do only simple lining and I don't believe that includes slacks. . . well, look at the bright side - they'll be unbelievably comfortable - I love lined pants. . .

KID, MD said...

You go, girl! Lined pants are the best. You can make it work!

gwensews said...

Lined pants are very couture. However, I don't believe you have bumps on your person, anywhere!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Gwen, you'd be right about my top half! Oh wait, my shoulder blades stick out farther than my padded bra.

Junior said...

well now I can't wait to see those pants on you. In the picture they remind me of pants that firefighters wear but I think it's because of the shine & way they're positioned.