Friday, April 23, 2010

Pattern Orgy

Hancock was having a 99-cent McCall's pattern sale - no need for a coupon which is never the right date you need it! So of course I had to swing by and check it out. Well I was deciding between 2 shirt patterns when it hit me - they're 99 cents apiece (normally $15)! Thus began the orgy of pattern buying. I've got six new ones for shirts, cargo shorts in 3 lengths, 2 different swimsuits, and even a man's shirt (Dean is trembling with, what is it... excitement and anticipation? Oh... no, it's fear and dread.).

So Dean called me a pattern nerd for reading through instructions last night while watching TV, but I gave it right back by pointing out that I sat with him through 3 hours of the NFL draft the night before (Who knew Tebow would go in the first round as the second quarterback, ahead of Jimmy Clawsen??)

4 comments:

sewistafashionista said...

I too hit the .99 cents pattern sale at Hancock's. At that price so what if I sew up a practice muslin and don't like the design. I pass the pattern on to the thrift store guilt free. Unlike how I feel when I have paid full price for a pattern. Then I get quite grouchy when things don't work out. I'm starting to think of the pattern sale as good, clean and cheap fun!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yeah, last time I bought a pattern in Hancocks I checked it's review first on my iPhone - nerdy! But it was full-price. This time I purchased with reckless abandon.

Sheila said...

One can't go wrong with .99 patterns. I've only purchased 2 patterns at full price since I started sewing and ask me if I sewn them yet....um nerp.

KID, MD said...

I LOVE 99 cent patterns! I go totally crazy as well. I mean it's a buck - so what if it's terrible?!