Saturday, April 17, 2010

These Children Aren't Right

Well, here's our Saturday. I dragged them to the fabric store to pick out material for summer shorts - I'll give it a shot with the ONE pattern Simplicity makes for men's/boys' shorts. These are the fabrics they picked out (yes, my children are boys):


The one on the left is Lucas's. He loves anything tie-dyed and I have a feeling he wants to wear this with his tie-dyed T-shirt. I pointed out a cute fabric with multi-colored skull & crossbones, but he wouldn't have it. The fabric on the right is for Drew. I pointed out a neutral camouflage and a blue fabric with guitars on it, but he wouldn't have them. What're you gonna do? They're not asking for piercings and tattoos, after all.

When we got home I forced them outside where Lucas demonstrated his engineering know-how by rigging his broken-down John Deere tractor with an old carseat so he can ride it. (Maybe he should get a job with Toyota!) Now those are both from when he was a toddler, but the tractor is still the most popular item in the garage. (Note the sad face because the chain broke and he can't pedal it anymore, poor baby.)


And here Drew demonstrates his ability to do 2 things at once without a trip to the emergency room. (He obviously inherited his father's genes when it comes to not falling down.)


And finally, we've discovered the fun of iron-on transfer paper from Office Depot. Lucas found downloadable iron-ons for his favorite cartoon (thanks, Cartoon Network!) and after weeks of begging I finally picked up the paper. Now I know how the photo places turn your items into personalized ads - I'm off to find a nice family pic to iron-on an old T-shirt!

4 comments:

KID, MD said...

Yeah, Logan has picked out some serious gems in the fabric department. They often end up as PJs... I'm just sayin'.

Junior said...

I like what they picked out...that is precious! Can't wait to see the finished shorts! Now tell me how that transfer paper works. I guess you have to have a working printer. Or could you use that paper with a copy machine? How does it work? (I'm thinking about a certain cracked picture from camping....)

Sheila said...

Your guys have an eye for fun & cool fabric and agree better than ear piercings and tattoos...lol

Totally over your son picture in his car seat in his john deere car.

I have that pattern and planned to make short & shirt for my guy like last summer :O - looking forward to your version.

Sheila said...

btw... could you please do a tutorial on how you did the iron-on... that is so cool.