Friday, April 9, 2010

Toes and Tops

Well, it was a yucky rainy day yesterday, so we spent most of the morning in Target. (Sometimes an unfamiliar Target can be as interesting as the beach.) I picked up some nail polish on the way to check out, and painted the tootsies when we got home. Later the weather cleared up and we all sat on the dock while Dean fished. I commented that I didn't mean to get such an obnoxious nail color (Hot Magenta - rrrrrrow!), whereupon Drew declared that painting one's toenails "is like painting garbage cans - you can try to make them look pretty but they're still garbage cans." Don't my kids say the sweetest things?!

In sewing news, I'm thinking of using that pink knit from Hancock pictured on a previous post (didn't have enough for my sister's tshirt) for Simplicity 2666 view A (alas, I can italicize with effort on the iPhone, but I can't link). Suffice it to say that it's a tank top with ruched bodice, spaghetti straps, and lower half that drapes to extended points past the hips. I was worried this was not appropriate for a 42 year old, but I justified it with my usual argument: "I'll wear it over a bathing suit at the beach." I just don't know if I want to get my hopes up for my broken machine by cutting something out that may not get sewn for weeks....

No comments: