Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jeans...Done!




Hooray! I finished them at 6:45 AM by hammering in rivets in the garage so as not to wake everybody else. The only stinky thing is that I ran over zipper teeth while trying to put the buttonhole in (don't ask why zipper teeth were there; you know my previous zipper problem) so the machine doesn't make a buttonhole anymore - whoops! So a little visit to the store is in order, and I can wear my jeans to show the owner - she's the one who hosted Sandra Betzina last week. And yes, I did wear the jeans to dinner last night without a button...which is actually a good thing when you eat too much moussaka. I may leave it off permanently.

So anyway, off to pack for Spring Break vacation at the beach. I'm making my sister a shirt, so I'll get pictures of her in it hopefully, but won't be able to upload them till I get back. (What do you mean you want to go to the beach? We've got a SHIRT to work on!)

11 comments:

sewistafashionista said...

Those are beautiful! Very Impressive!

auntninn said...

Just gorgeous. And the heels you're wearing really show off how dressy they can be, too. They fit you beautifully. Bravo!

gwensews said...

Congratulations! Those are awesome jeans. Maybe more jeans in your future? Black, Brown. What about velvet? You did a great job.

KID, MD said...

You totally ROCK!!

Ann Made Studio said...

They really do look awesome. Congratulations on making a perfect pair of jeans.

How lucky, have a great time at the beach.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thank you ladies! Gwen, I'm definitely planning more jeans, but velvet jeans in Mobile would induce heat stroke! Sandra actually picked out another fabric for my next pair, but it was black and white houndstooth identical to Bear Bryant's famous hat (coach of Alabama years ago), and since I pull for Auburn it just wouldn't work.

Kitschy Coo said...

They look great! The facing is lovely too. Well done :)

Victoria said...

What an accomplishment!!! Your hard work paid off. Great jeans!!!

Pam said...

You are inspiring! I love the jeans - wow! And Rivets and zippers - so impressive!

mabe said...

They are nice but looks as though you have had same problem as me with the rear - as someone else said it seems as though the jeans are cut for someone with a wider stance. In fairness the model on the photograph has some room around her rear crutch but this is easier to get away with if you are tall and very slim. I've put loads of work into these in the hope that they would be perfect and that I could reuse the template but I don't think that is going to happen

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yep - they are a bit baggy. I tried another pair of skinny jeans that have the same problem. I am derrière-challenged!