Monday, February 8, 2010

Seventh Grade Assignments

When I was in the 7th or 8th grade, we had a big assignment to write a "magazine" with an advertisement, movie or book review, fashion review, etc. Well Drew's class had to write an "argument" about the topic of their choice. The majority of kids picked abortion to write about. (I didn't know what abortion was in the 7th grade - I had just learned about French kissing...and from a classmate's experience, certainly not my own!)

Drew chose gambling. I feel sure he picked that topic because we bought Lotto tickets a couple of weekends ago while in Florida, and gambling is illegal in Alabama. One of his friends picked age discrimination. At dinner Drew was telling about the age discrimination argument:

Drew: "So you may have this kid with great ideas of how to make money for your company, but you're not gonna hire him because he's too young. And you may have this old guy who's made MILLIONS of dollars for your company, but you're gonna fire him because he's so old."
Lucas (7 years old): "Man, that's just WRONG!"


Dean and I nearly do spit-takes here at the conversation our boys are so wrapped up in, but I guess it beats a debate on which Spongebob character is the funniest.

4 comments:

KID, MD said...

That's pretty awesome.

Junior said...

I can just see and hear Lucas saying it too...probably shaking his head a little.

Mom said...

Those boys are so-o-o-o smart.........just like their grandmother!!!!!!!!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Holy moly - you remembered your password! You ARE a smart woman!