Thursday, February 18, 2010

Accident-Free - Ignore the Bruise!



Another great day of skiing - snow's coming down in buckets! If you don't tuck your hair in it ices up, I've discovered. I also took a self-portrait while Dean and Drew did a run, and dang at that bruise in the center of my forehead! It looks like I slammed headfirst into a tree - nice!

The funniest thing today was when we were coming down a nice green run and I hear this screaming kid behind me. "Aaaaaaaaagh! Aaaaaagh! Aaaaaagh!" He comes around and I see that he's about 4 or 5 and is holding onto his mom's ski pole while she barrels as fast as she can down the trail. I'm thinking that if they crash it won't be pretty, but she ain't slowing down. They pass Drew and Dean and the kid lets go of the ski pole once, but she yells at him and he grabs it again - screaming the whole time.

My possibilities were that he was having an accident and she was trying to get him to a potty, or possibly her husband was dying at the base and she needed to hear his last words. Dean said he thought he heard the kid say, "But you're not my mommy!"

No comments: