Monday, February 1, 2010

Ding-Dong, the Dress is Done!




Finally! All that's left is sewing in the nametag - I've given up on that damn zipper pucker (at the bottom of the zipper if you look hard, but between the psychedelic pattern on this thing and the general debauchery of Mardi Gras, I don't think it'll be noticed).

Couple of comments from the family: Dean said it looked like I got up from the table with my napkin - haha! He's right - this drape doesn't drape, but it may come in handy for spills. It mainly serves as a focal point to draw your eye away from the incredible wideness of the hips. When I asked him to take a picture of the back, he said, "Let me see if this has a wide-angle setting." The boys got a hoot out of that one.

So I may take the drape off....I'm debating. Oh, and I didn't flex my muscles in the picture - I didn't want my pecs to be embarrassed by my deltoids.

6 comments:

KID, MD said...

Awesome!!! Perfect for serious party time.

Junior said...

It's beautiful! You're such a purty girl! I like the drape on there. Now you just need to post video on here of how it looks when you're cuttin' a rug!

marysews said...

Wide angle setting? Tell him he's hanging from the edge by his fingernails for me, will ya?!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Big belly laugh on that one, Mary! And no, there will be no posting of dancing videos...because Lynyrd Skynyrd is the band so it'll be HeeHaw style dancin'! I'm picturing Forrest Gump's dancing.

Junior said...

Just don't dance like Elaine on that episode of Seinfeld! Or as Daddy used to call it...sTeinfeld.

Susan said...

Va va voom!