Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Just a Spaz


I was trying to find the clip from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where Jack Nicholson shuffles in drooling to the group meeting after having his first shock therapy, then smiles and tells everybody he's just joking - that would've been a great intro today, "ya' mental deficients!" (I couldn't find the quote on the web and that's all I remember.)

So it's a muscle spasm in my neck, and the tingly fingers are leftover from sleeping with my arms over my head and stretching out those nerves. Have you ever gone to sleep like that, and when you wake up your arms are just dead - you can only fling them around by the shoulder and they're totally numb? It's kind of fun, but apparently leaves a little nerve damage after a while. Just for completeness, I'm having an MRI in a couple of weeks to be sure there's no impending paralysis, drooling, or uncontrollable flatulence. (But if it's normal, how do you explain the flatulence, doctor?)

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

I'm glad it turned out to be no big deal!

Junior said...

maybe you should sleep standing up.....