Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catching Up to Fashion

Well I did get that princess seam pattern out of the envelope and cut out one piece before getting sucked into Scout stuff again. Our end-of-the-year cookout was last evening and went swimmingly (that means only one bloody nose and no crying kids or serious injuries). Although I can't figure out how Lucas's foot seems to be under his head and he's still smiling - you have to click to get a picture big enough to see this.


And I was spurred on by Sheila's shoe extravaganza so when Amazon and NineWest hit me the same day with their taunting emails about the latest trends in shoes, I had to get some. They were 60% off, okay?


I know, they don't look like me at all, right? I'll fall off them and risk ankle-breakage, but even Dean pointed out that the giant wedges were all the rage again after he read an article in the paper. I simply have to try. Did you know I wore Keds tennis shoes through medical school in 1993? And you know that trend was over in 1987, right? This picture sums it up right here (and lets see if somebody can name the location - family excluded):


I am wearing those greenish jeans right now. That yellow shirt is hanging in my closet, but I try not to wear it much because it has shrunk a little and exposes my midriff if I lean or reach. Guess what year this picture is from.


2006. Ouch. At least I donated that purse to charity....last year.

6 comments:

Junior said...

Yep, I remember that outfit. That's okay cause I still have the Butt Light t-shirt from when you were in medical school....although I only wear it to PTA meetings now. Just kidding! You'll have to post a pic of you wearing the wedges when they arrive!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Ooh, I forgot what that shirt looks like or what it said - send me a pic!

Pam said...

Awesome picture! I'm so busy now too - can't wait to sew! I would say Stone Mountain (I wore Keds to the mid 90s) but I don't know that the view is right?

Sheila said...

That wedgie is fierce and making me wanna break my shoe moratorium.... and thinking I don't have a shoe in that color.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Pammie, you continue to demonstrate extreme knowledge of the southeast - it IS Stone Mountain! And Sheila, how can you not have that color? Don't let that mistake go on!

Pam said...

Wow! That was a guess - based on the lightning strikes!! Makes sense! I do love the South, despite the fact I live in Southern California now!

P.S. Jonathan and I were out hiking today and ran into a Park Ranger who is getting ready to try a Denali summit and too, had a wonderful knowledge of the Parks in the South!