Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Muslin #2

I'm not totally sick of this yet, because I had 2 front facings already cut out and marked, so I just cut out a new back to work on that adjustment with the sleeve. I added 1/2" to the back armholes up to the shoulder.


Then I set in one sleeve.


I'm showing you my nice French seam which I finally did right! (I am not ashamed of goofy faces...you might say they are my craft.) It doesn't feel as tight, but there are still a couple of wrinkles. And I didn't work on the front at all.


I can see that I'm going to need help to get this done right in under 6 months.


Robbie has been thinking about this dilemma and offering me wonderful suggestions. Here's a link she sent me to Sarah Veblen's article in Threads on getting the armhole right by adjusting the bodice - fabulous! I need to finish reading it.

I need to get this thing fitted soon so Robbie can get some sleep - she wrote her first suggestion before I got the kids out of bed this morning! Robbie, I'm thinking this may require a 2-person effort with some free lunch or dinner for your trouble...hmmmm?

4 comments:

KID, MD said...

It is looking good! The sleeve actually looks really great and the back is nice as well, although I can see what you mean about it being just a little snug. Still, excellent progress!

Robbie said...

We can do that! It is difficult to fit oneself, although digital cameras do help. Aren't those shorts you have on the ones you made?

Pam said...

Wow! I love your princess seam tailoring - great job! I am going to have to check out tutorial! I am afraid of sewing fitted shirts at this point in my life. . . but am a big fan of princess seaming!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

KID - thanks, I guess all shirts pull a little when you reach forward, but I've never done one before so I don't know if I should expect perfection or not. You are the queen of fitted shirts - I need to look at your photos again!

Robbie - good memory, those are my shorts. I'm still planning on doing pants using this shorts pattern like you suggested.

Pammie - BE afraid! If I was a chicken I'd go straight back to knits, but I'm determined to fight this one out.