Friday, May 13, 2011

Idol Never Fails to Surprise

I just can't predict anymore. I had Scotty pegged to go home after his fluffy, nothing new performances, but James went home instead.


An article said he had become cartoonish and his Don't Stop Believin' was just a sound-alike, which I agree with, but is Scotty showing us anything better? My prediction now is that Haley goes home and Scotty wins, though I think Lauren would be a better winner. Whatever...

Oh, look what I found out! I was getting ready to cut a size smaller front, but I every time I held up the pattern to myself, I just couldn't believe that this wasn't fitting, so I had the bright (and delayed) idea to mark center front on my muslin and actually pin it together there. Voila!


Where did the wrinkles go? I was just overlapping the front together by what I thought was a good margin, but center front is actually way different than I thought. Robbie, I'd like to personally apologize to you for wasting your time - how about a free lunch in a couple of weeks? (I had already asked my mom to get the kids from school so I could come for fitting help that day. Think of all the people I've put out just because I didn't mark center front.)

So after that revelation, I think the thing fits pretty darn well and I went ahead and started cutting out the real fabric. That is white shirting that is actually kind of heavy for long sleeves, so I decided to change course and go with the short sleeves. Plus I'll move the shoulder seams up a smidge to sit at my shoulder point. And God smiled at me TWICE yesterday, because look what came in the mail!


Oh, I was expecting a paperback thing on tops only, because it was only $13.95, but this is a huge hardback book on skirts and pants too! And it's about fabric and pattern selection, fitting issues, and adjustments - woohoo! Is it my birthday?

And finally, I wanted to show you what I bought that Sandra recommended. (Remember last year I said if she told me cat turds were delicious, I'd ask my sister to send me some. And please forgive me for using that word - I normally would say "poo," but "turds" worked better in this case.) This is a point-turner which is also used to turn tubes, like those bikini ties I'll eventually get around to finishing. See my nice pointy collars?

I can also deliver babies at home now, or extract teeth. Look out, Lucas!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

How funny!!!! Those pesky little markings can sneak up on you. Front looks good.

Amy Bailes said...

Ohhh, I'm so jealous!!!! of your new point turner. I've always wanted one. Your collar points look just fabulously pointy.