Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Internet is Back - Phew!

Who knew that unplugging and replugging your ethernet could fix a problem you had for days without the bother of undoing the modem and shutting down the computer in a certain order?! I do now.

So I didn't get to rant about Haley going home last week, and here we are at the finale already. I have nothing to say. Haley was diverse (oh, I guess I DO have something to say) and fun to watch, and ran around in heels even after the terrible fall in the first song last week. What a woman. I hope Lauren wins now, but there are apparently too many teenage girls crying and texting furiously for Scotty - that's my prediction.

So my sewing mojo was lifeless after the disappointing fitted shirt, but I had lunch with Robbie in Gulf Shores yesterday and felt better. Then my mom asked me to help her hem her jeans (okay, only sewing the hem, not pinning the hem, which I hate doing), and while we were in the sewing room I started pulling out patterns and fabric and got motivated again. She gave me some suggestions on the lilac shirt from several months ago that looked like this (Vogue 8558):


Look, I lost 10 pounds! Well, no, I shortened it and cut the sleeves off since they were too tight and I wanted to salvage the muslin. (See my old friend the shoulder wrinkle? Apparently I do need to adjust for forward shoulders since I don't like thrusting my chest out constantly.)


So here are the back wrinkles with 1/2" cut off the armscye between the lower notches.


And here we are with it lowered a total of 1.5". Fewer wrinkles! Now I think you're supposed to pivot the upper part of the armscye around to make the sleeve still fit, but this will be sleeveless so forget about that.


So I'm going to attempt self-fabric bindings on the armholes for the first time ever - wish me luck. Then I'll hem it up and wear it at the beach, ignoring the fact that it really needed a swayback adjustment. And I might make it into a longer dress version - rrrrrrow!

So it's ADHD sewing because I still need to try pants out of the Kwik Sew shorts pattern, and I have two Kwik Sew 2892 Beanbag chairs to make at the beach next week while I'm off (in between enjoying the actual beach with the kids, of course).

I'm sure I'll have more to say tomorrow after the finale - stay tuned!

No comments: