Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Idolmania is Now Over

Shockingly, I didn't even watch Idol last night. Neither contestant compelled me to watch and see what they came up with next, which is why I loved Casey, James, and Haley this year, and Adam Lambert last year - or was that 2 years ago? But I had to tune in tonight because I knew my favorites would be back.

Quick thoughts - I loved Haley's duet with the dude who's like Paul Anka - I just lost his name! She was jazzy and awesome and they tore it up. Jack Black and Casey were fun, if a smidge off-key at times, and I especially loved Scotty hugging each of his relatives during his last song then he comes to Jack Black, who holds his arms out for a hug right as Scotty turns to go back to the stage.

Lady Gaga sounded great and I like that song (Edge of Glory), but was anybody else squirming at the end when the guy climbed up behind her and they ended up on the floor - gasp! It was bad enough that Lucas was watching, but my MOTHER was there too. Oh Lady Gaga, why do you put me in the position of having to constantly defend your actions? At least she saved it by jumping off the edge of the platform with the guy, and that must've been 15 feet - Lucas totally forgot about everything before that.

But the best performance of the evening was by this guy. Oh, Tom Jones, you are still alive!


But you look like Grady from Sanford and Son!


Holy moly! This is what I remember you looking like:


(Mmmmmmm, Mama like.)

Now that brings me to a question. Who do you think was sexier, Tom Jones or Neil Diamond? I actually had a hard time finding a sexy picture of Neil in his younger days. He apparently gets around more here in the States than Tom does (I believe Tom is Welsh) so there are lots of pics of him in the, ahem, later years. This was an album cover apparently, although I think it looks quite vulgar.


I vote for Tom. I actually saw him in concert in little Jemison, Alabama, in the 80's and, sure enough, ladies threw their underwear on stage. My mother nearly knocked us kids down when she tried!

Oh, and here's a little fun from SNL last week if you missed it. Timberlake and Lady Gaga - best show of the year, I think. The previous link got removed, so here's a cute skit with just Timberlake. I hate the ads they force on you - sorry.

3 comments:

Junior said...

Yes, I was getting nervous toward the end of Gaga's performance too! With Haley, are you talking about when she did the duet with Tony Bennett? I missed the very beginning.
Ah, Tom Jones & Juice Newton at Jemison.....good times, good times!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

There it is - Tony Bennett! Juice Newton - remember "It's Late" a capella - loved that one!

Junior said...

That's good stuff!