Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Feel Like a Rock Star

Oh my heavens, what a day! First, I went to Hancock to get this fabric for the 2 beanbag chairs I'm making.


Three employees were at the cutting table working, and the manager sees me and says, "Hey Lady! How you doin'?" I stand there for a minute looking around, realize there's nobody in front of her but me, and greet her back. She then tells everybody, "This is our fleece contest winner. Y'all remember that pretty jacket?" Oh my.....who wants an autograph?

Then I went to check out and talked to the lady in front of me who was buying a beautiful Vogue suit pattern. I went out on a limb and asked her if she went to PR, and she's a member! I told her to post a picture when she's done, and we swapped user names. How cool to meet a fellow-PR'er in line!

But now for the really big news.....guess what was on my doorstep when I got home? My Lady Gaga shoes! Now I just need a big weird hat.


I am 7 feet tall now! Amazing what $35 will buy you, isn't it? (These shoes and a trip to the ER for a broken ankle, that's what.) Now I've got to look back at the first picture I posted of these, because I thought they were supposed to be more yellow, but they're actually beige. Whatever...color is the least of my worries what with these 6" platforms! I told Dean I'd wear them to dinner tonight. He said he'd heat up leftovers.

And this is supposed to be my sexy serious Gaga face, but it just looks like my dad wearing a blonde wig and missing part of his lower jaw. I've got to remember that pouty looks very bad on me.

6 comments:

KID, MD said...

You go, girl! I totally adore those shoes, and would seriously wear them every day. They will look so awesome with wide leg jeans!

Pam said...

I love the shoes! Hope you had a good dinner:) Wonderful!! And, congratulations on your win and new PR Friend!

Kitschy Coo said...

You are totally a rock star. Love the shoes :)

gwensews said...

Those are SOME shoes! Enjoy wearing them now, before your feet are arthritic and broken down.

Junior said...

Okay this is funny because I looked at the picture & the pose with the shoes reminded me of Daddy competing as Henrietta and I saw what you wrote at the bottom!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thank you ladies - I'm enjoying the shoes! Thanks Junior - glad I reminded you of our cross-dressing father too (it was a church function, people....wait - that sounds worse!).