Monday, April 4, 2011

What's Next?

Well, if I ever have time to sew again, I have a couple of new patterns to try. Of course, this is after the Blue and Gold Banquet tomorrow night and the big lecture I have to give to 100+ people Saturday morning. And the LADY GAGA concert Saturday night - woohoo! Something to actually look forward to instead of dreading!

Side note: I was told by a gay friend that "I Was Born This Way" is the gay anthem, but there's a line about life's disabilities, and "God don't make no mistakes," so I think it applies to all manner of people and still makes me tear up every time I hear it. Lucas asked if I liked that better than Katy Perry's "Firework" and it was a hard question. That one has a line about some doors being closed so the perfect one will open, and you're worth something, etc. Just love these songs.

So in that frame of mind, I ordered these Burda 7863 jeans, and of course I plan to look like the model on the left, down to the pointy Nuncio shoes!


And this Kwik Sew 3740 was voted a pattern of the year over at PR, I think, so I had to add it to the stash.


This was also a pattern of the year, possibly, so I got it...


even though you may remember what happened last time I tried a knit wrap dress.


Yikes! Hopefully it was the stripes...surely I don't really look like that in real life. Oh well, that Katy Perry video has a fat chick finally jumping in the pool without caring what everybody else looks like, so I may as well give it another shot.

Now to confirm barbecue for 110 folks tomorrow night...can there possibly be that many Scouts plus family members???

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

Isn't it terrible when life gets in the way of sewing?? I mean, really. Cute patterns! You'll get to them. In the meantime, it sounds like you have some fun things coming up!

gwensews said...

You have some terrific patterns. When you get a minute, sew them up into wonderful garments. You will definitely look like the model.