Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gaga Rocks!

Here's how the weekend went down. I painted my toenails black to scare off any unsavory freaks in New Orleans ('cause nothin' says "don't mess with me" like black toenails, right?) I chose the drapey New Look 6470 to wear with my hip new Target sandals, which my younger friend Kristy (she is only 37 - I had no idea!) gave a thumbs-up, thank goodness.


We checked in and found this very cool bar on Camp Street where we had a pre-dinner cocktail.


The view was awesome - I watched this poor horse lick the trunk of this car for about 10 minutes. Great place to watch the Gaga fans.


Then we had dinner at Luke - John Besh's restaurant just around the corner on St. Charles. Guess who was sitting at the front table when we left? Nicolas Cage. Our waitress tipped us off. He had his back to us, so my impression was of very greased back hair, a monster watch on that left wrist that might've been Mickey Mouse, and a large tattoo. Kristy noticed a large teardrop ring that she declared tacky.


Back to the hotel to glam up. Okay, Kristy glammed up with a short black shirt she wore as a dress (with bicycle shorts underneath...relax!). This was the best I could do. I was afraid people would assume we were a couple and I was the man, but Gaga fans don't judge.


We met lots of women dressed like this at the corner on the way there and all started jumping up and down because we knew we were going to the same concert. It was a touching moment.


Here are some more fans...I couldn't get the really freaky ones, but only a couple of people gave me the heebie-jeebies, honestly. I think the chick in blue at the very back left of this picture is a man.


This is actually Kristy's hairdresser - what a small world! (Kristy just loves her hairdresser.)


And here are some fuzzy shots of the stage. It was an awesome show. I've never seen such a production - lots of artists do special lighting effects, etc., but every song was a vignette with a whole new set and new costumes - it was fantastic.


Gaga herself was appropriate I think, other than some F-bombs, but her opening act was ???. It was Semi Precious Weapons, and the lead singer took his pants off to reveal fishnet hose with no underwear - yikes. Gaga raised money for homeless youth during the concert and had a great message that you don't need plastic surgery to be beautiful, etc.



Kristy, a teacher, thought that Gaga should give speeches at schools. I think she should too...just with a little more clothing on.

3 comments:

sewistafashionista said...

It sounds like you had quite an adventure!

Junior said...

Okay now I do like those sandals with painted toenails!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Painted toenails can do so many things for you!