Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shirts, Moisturizer, and Black Swan

Okay, I need to start getting myself together for the Betzina shirt class! It's week after next and we have Spring Break next week, so I need to get my pattern pieces cut out at least. I only have one day to sew with her, and doing things like collar stands and plackets that I've never done before is going to be sort of stressful. I bought this pattern last year to make with white shirting, but of course got stuck on the jeans zippered pocket - haha. So ambitious. I may just end up getting shoulder seams done by the end of the class.



BUT, the latest thing I am trying out is....Meaningful Beauty! So who's been up late and seen the commercial with Cindy Crawford and Valerie Bertinelli (no, not the Weight Watcher one) where they talk about how young they look? Okay, I had two glasses of wine and Dean actually left it on the channel long enough for me to be amazed as well, so I ordered right from the couch with my iPhone (my middle name is Sucker). So this is like the Flirty Girl Fitness videos - remember that last year? They suck you in then hit you with monthly shipments, except these will be every 90 days, because who needs THAT much moisturizer? Here's what I got:


Ooh, I spent an hour poring over the literature and studying the instructions!


And if you send them your picture and testimonial, you MAY be chosen to appear in a commercial with Cindy herself! So I'm posting my before and 4-weeks later photos to see how it works, and to save you the trouble of wasting your own money (you're welcome).


Back up - extreme close-up warning! These are for my own edification - please move right onto your next blog. I just want to see all the wrinkles, lines, blemishes, and redness up close before they magically disappear.


Now, can I talk about Black Swan a second? We watched it last night - yowza! I thought it was mostly about mental illness and a tormented girl, plus lots of ballet stuff that is so interesting when you have a regular job. I was stunned that Karen Black was the mom - wow at the surgery I think she's had. Something around the mouth and eyes, of course (which I will avoid with Cindy Crawford's help). So my brother and sister will remember Karen from the fabulous 1976 movie, Burnt Offerings, which we watched at my grandparents' house after they went to bed. (Back then you didn't worry if something was inappropriate on TV)

And I was thinking she was in another horror movie about a single mom who gets....um, harrassed, by invisible monsters in her house - Junior, what was the name of that?

3 comments:

Lisa Stone said...

Can't wait to see if this works--if it does, I may secretly order it too. Don't know when I started looking like an old lady!

Ann Made Studio said...

I've seen these advertisements so I am very curious to see how they will work. Thanks for reviewing them :)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I'm loving it so far - we'll see! And nobody corrected me on the fact that it's Barbara Hershey, not Karen Black, in Black Swan! No wonder I thought she looked different! And it was Barbara in The Entity - anybody see that? They should have called it The Creepy Things We Can Do With Fake Skin-Colored Body Parts - yeah, totally gross.