Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect......NOT!

Okay, so I was planning to re-enact some of the Coldplay concert that we saw last week in Atlanta (complete with paper butterflies), but I needed to practice first. I planned to enlist Drew's help as videographer and Lucas's as butterfly-thrower.

But what I discovered on these dry runs is that there's something wrong with my face. Everybody has always told me you can read me like a book - every emotion shows on my face. I finally understand what they're talking about. I also understand that I can never be taken seriously as a performer with all the nostril-twitches and eyebrow antics. Every time I hit a wrong note with my hand, it traveled up to my brain and sparked a facial tic.

Who's read Blink? Here're the 5,000 combinations of facial expressions he talks about. He talks about one video of Cato Caelin (sp?) on the stand at OJ's trial where he's talking to the lawyer and looks like he's growling at her in one freeze frame. I found some odd expressions in these freeze frames and had no idea I was doing them.

Another freaky thing is to see if you can sync them all up so you have a trio - NICE!!!

1 comment:

Amy Collins said...

Betty Gillum would be so proud!!