Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sew-ing Ex-po Here I Come!

(Sung to the tune of California Here I Come, of course.) I'm packing! I'm doing laundry! I'm making lists!

Now I'll calm down. I leave tomorrow right after work to drive to Birmingham for my first Sewing Expo with my sewing buddy, Robbie. Dean asked me if it was going to be a bunch of grannies sitting around stitching (gosh, I hope not). I told him it would be just like one of our big medical conferences, except instead of selling echo machines and medical textbooks on the expo floor, they'll be pushing fabric and sewing machines....and I won't have to dress in business casual....or should I?

I wanted to keep it lively when I was signing up, so I registered for not 1, but 2 serger classes. Barb Callahan will teach me to make this bag Thursday afternoon...


and Cathy Gandy will teach me how to make this "classmate tote" on Friday.


ALSO, while in Birmingham, I'm taking the opportunity to do a Pure Barre class on Thursday night - woohoo! I see Sandra Bullock's legs in my future (see previous post on Gravity if you're terribly confused about that). Okay, why am I prattling on and on? You'll see some pictures of the festivities soon enough - back to laundry and packing...

4 comments:

BeckyW said...

Can't wait to hear all about it. Bart 's trip got cancelled and for a quick minute I thought about going. Sam's soccer team decided to play in a tournament and spoiled my plan. Hopefully next time. I may just treat myself to another Craftsy class.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

DOH! Those pesky soccer coaches! Next year for sure....

Anonymous said...

My first class is tonight. I"ll be leaving in a few minutes....looking forward to it!

Robbie

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I'm passing you! I'm on the shuttle from the Marriott to the conference center parking lot!