Friday, October 11, 2013

Expo Day Two

Not too many pictures, but today was even better than yesterday! I had lunch with Robbie at Panera Bread, but dinner was a quick bite at Chik-fil-a between classes. Thank you, Chik-fil-a, for giving me a pretty flower with my dinner! (I read about using my new crotch ruler - hope nobody was looking over my shoulder!)



Here's my half-finished tote bag. I pieced and stitched all these pieces - quilting's kind of fun!



I even sewed vinyl on a serger with a chain stitch for a couple of the inside pockets, which you can't see too well, but I'm trying to demonstrate with various items.



And two funny observations: Louise Cutting says "yo" like Jesse from Breaking Bad. An example sentence from my morning class: "Yo, this is a lot simpler than the usual full bust adjustment." And Cynthia Guffey has a couple of key phrases she repeats, uh, repeatedly. "I'm going to stitch right here, do you see?" "Do you see," is also Sandra Betzina's favorite phrase, but she doesn't usually expect an answer, whereas Cynthia does. Also, "You know what I'm talking 'bout?" And with an answer expected before further discussion.

Alas, I didn't win anything today, but there's always tomorrow..

3 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations on more good classes at the Sew Expo. I was exhausted at the ASG.

Anonymous said...

Fun was had!

Robbie

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yes, Pam, sleep has NOT been a problem!