Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Shoes

Remember my quest for just the right shoe to wear with khaki pants or jeans? I wanted something loafer-ish, preferably pointy and modern, and interesting. All I could find was the brown leather pair I bought in Soho last year, but every single scratch showed on that leather and they looked terribly worn out.

Well I asked the lady at DSW, who was wearing skinny jeans herself, what she recommended. She said try some Skechers, which I did, but they were black with black laces and I looked like I was going to my job at McDonald's. (My sister wore shoes just like that when she worked at McDonald's, in fact.) Now they had a flyer at DSW with 4 shoes on it, and there was a great pair of blue suede saddle shoes like Ellen wears (DeGeneres, my style twin, I think). I asked the manager if they had that shoe; he said they did. Then he pointed me to the men's aisle. Hmm...challenge accepted.



The good news about buying men's shoes is that they run 2 sizes larger than ladies - so I bought an 8 instead of a 10 - woohoo! Now that's got me thinking about my problem with creeping undies. You never see a MAN pulling his underwear down in back...

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm not so sure about that underwear comment. Have you ever seen Rafael Nadale play? ;)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Aaaaghhh! I'll look for him now!