Thursday, March 8, 2012

Some Awful Pictures...and I Don't Mean Blurry

This is how it's supposed to look.

And here's my first muslin....


Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I'm pretty sure it's too big. And we'll ignore the color, because I know I shouldn't wear that shade of pink - it's too close to my actual color. Only a woman with a deep tan could pull that off. Robbie was right about my asymmetrical hips - I thought I was standing straight but it looks twisted.


Here's a different shot. You can almost see exactly where I took a 1" swayback adjustment. It stands away from my back with weird indentations at my hips...maybe a thicker knit wouldn't do this.


Or maybe I need to curve the center back a little more to get it to snug up instead of making me look like I have a pathologically straight spine.


I think I'll try a smaller upper bodice and lift it up to get the criss-cross higher so I don't look like Granny Pete from the front. (I have no idea who Granny Pete is - I think my grandmother said that, as in, "Great Granny Pete, she's as nutty as a fruitcake!")

Anyway, this went together REALLY quick, as evidenced by my finishing it except for sleeves and hem. I even tried to topstitch the neckline, but I didn't have another spool of the light pink, so I cheated with a dark pink in the double needle, and then that sucker BROKE for some reason - odd.

This shall be relegated to "swimsuit coverup" at the beach. The question is, should I now do it in a nicer knit (that moss green sweater knit) with the above adjustments and hope it turns out better? Or is the style just too awful for a pear?

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I like the dress on you with some modifications... definitely too big, smaller bodice will definitely work and another color. Go ahead and make it up in the fashion fabric. Looking forward to seeing it.