Monday, March 5, 2012

Saw a New Show Last Night

Well I fell asleep halfway through, but this is what Dean found on TV late last night.



Yes, that is Oprah sitting in her PJ's with no makeup on apparently, and Paula Deen is in her nightgown with no foundation or blusher. (I thought it was NO makeup, but she definitely has on eye makeup.) This is Oprah's Next Chapter, which is a new series on her channel, I guess. I LOVED it! They're just sittin' there without their contacts in, drinking coffee in their jammies talking about Paula's issues. Now Gayle is wearing rainboots and regular clothes, but she looked makeup-less too. And nobody's using the clearest diction they have or trying to look glamorous - they just look like they're having a conversation where some surprising stuff comes out.

This reminded me of my yearly get-togethers with my college housemates where we just sit around in our PJ's and talk till lunchtime. Then after dinner we get back in our PJ's and sit around drinking wine and talking...unless there's a hot tub to sit in - then we'll have on our swimsuits.

It's like a slumber talk-show - you go, Oprah! But maybe the eyeglasses and PJ's were Paula's idea...you go, Paula!

4 comments:

Junior said...

Might have to watch that....comes on late at night?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

It was 10:30 or 11 PM central time!

Liba said...

Love it - what is the official name so I can look for it! Reminds me of the girl's trip we took this year. The one your brother laughed about and told me that NEVER in a boy's trip discussion did the word crockpot come up. I told him that obviously the girls ate better than the boys!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oprah's Next Chapter - if you click on the link there it'll take you to a video clip and reviews or something. And yes, all my boys have told me my get-togethers sound so BORING!