Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting there...



Now this black skirt is just the liner - the real skirt is the same fabric as the bodice...although this makes a nice-looking dress I think. And remember this is for Mardi Gras, so don't freak out over the shiny silver material. And Junior, this fabric is actually psychedelic with the lights shining on it in pink, green, blue, etc., so no sequins will be necessary.

My only real worry is the bodice - it's kind of empty on the dress form (which sort of accurately represents me), so I'm going to have to try different boobage to fill it out. (You know you hate it when your gut protrudes farther than your boobs when viewed from the side!) But don't you worry - I have all kinds of boobage to choose from (see previous post from 2008 regarding "Purpose of a Bra, Part 2").

So I was initially thinking what a thing of beauty this is going to be, but I don't want it to look pitifully homemade. But I just LOVE sewing - the best part is when you finish that seam and press it flat, then look how beautiful it is from the right side - magic! Darts especially - I'll have to do some closeup shots of the skirt, which I finished today. All that's left is joining the bodice and skirt - and let no man put asunder!

1 comment:

Junior said...

Beautiful! You've come a long way from sewing that white eyelet dress for my Barbie!