Saturday, January 2, 2010

Has Anybody Seen My Sewing Mojo?



I mean sewing is like the FLU! I caught it this past summer and was out for WEEKS with it - I must've made 5 or 6 things before I got rid of it. But I got cured sometime in September right around the time I bought 4 different fabrics and 2 new patterns. Why does that happen? I think a lot of it was that Scouts ramped up with the school year, plus the boys started karate 2 nights a week. All that driving around cuts into sewing time. Maybe I could get a smaller machine to keep in the middle console of my car!

The only plus side of all that was I joined the YMCA so I can work out while they're in karate. And I still read that sewing site frequently, plus I follow a bunch of sewers' blogs. But nothing will depress you more than seeing the Alaskan lady sew 99 items of clothing in 2009. Did I mention she works full-time and has 3 kids? How does she DO that?

So the fever hit me (low-grade this time) again and I procured a sewing machine cabinet and cutting table, which I have assembled upstairs, and last night I MADE myself go finish cutting out the cute pink shirt I was going to make back in August(yeah, ANOTHER pink shirt - not ho-ish this time). I will NOT feel badly that this is sleeveless and everybody on the sewing site is making winter clothes, because I will have finished the dang thing!

And then I can start on the brown twill pants I was planning, the fabric for which is still sitting on the dryer waiting to be pre-shrunk (it needs dusting off first).

(P.S. If you zoom on the sewing table, you'll see that I put the bottom right shelf on backwards - hopefully my clothes come out better than my furniture.)

2 comments:

marysews said...

I'm so sorry. I may have taken your sewing mojo. I've gotten a lot done in the last week or so. Would you like to have some of it back?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh, you can keep it - at least I know where it went! I'm actually about halfway finished with my shirt and I'll do more tomorrow. I did have to check out your list - love the dog coat! My doggy was jealous, as evidenced by the growling when he saw your happy dog.