Wednesday, January 13, 2010

American Idolmania is Back!

I missed it last night and haven't watched the recording yet, but tonight the hick blonde from Vonore, TN, reduced me to tears. They showed her jumping off bridges for fun with her friends, then showed her mama's trailer. She said she was doing American Idol because she didn't have "nothing else, except this dress, that I got for $4 at the Dollar Store in Smyrna." That's when I teared up. She wore her $4 dress to the audition and sang a really country song in a really good country voice, and Simon was very kind to her - that made me lose it. So Lucas and Drew were laughing their heads off at her accent and her bad teeth, and Lucas says, "Why are you crying Mom?" I said, "Don't you think it's nice when somebody who doesn't have anything at all gets something really good?"

The next hick guy who got made fun of really badly (he nearly died 3 times in his life, so they ran with that theme) made the boys laugh a lot, but Lucas actually said, "well it's really funny, but it's kind of mean that they're making fun of him."

Maybe he's learned something from American Idol....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved that girl from Vo--nore, Tn. She could sing ok on the audition but she screwed up in Hollywood. I think if someone would have just gotten hold of her and "groomed her" physically and musically, that she could have done ok. I really hate how they make fun of Southerners...like there aren't hicks in any other part of the country. I have seen more rednecks in Reno, Nv (where my husband's family lives...hell, THEY are rednecks) than I have ever seen here.