Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Japanese Hotels

I just had to show you a big difference between American and Japanese hotels. You know when you stay in a hotel here, you usually get shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap in little containers that you can take home, right? In fancier places, they even give you Q-tips and cotton balls. Well, in every place we stayed, we got this:

Yes, comb and brush, hairbands, and TOOTHBRUSHES with TOOTHPASTE! Tiny little toothpastes - how precious! Also disposable razors, but I forgot to get a pic of that. One hotel even had full-size containers of facial products, and the shower had dispensers of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Obviously you don't take that stuff home.

Every place also had PAJAMAS! I slept in these everywhere - very comfortable. Of course you don't take this home, but you do get to take home the slippers! (Yes, I'm so much about the free stuff.)

Now you know this had to be done, right? You've heard of Toto? The fancy schmancy Japanese toilet company? Well there are different models of course, but here's a sample of the control panel. I'll let you figure out what button does what. See that sound button? This simulates a flushing sound for those shy bladders. There was also a top-shelf toilet that intermittently cleaned itself while lighting the bowl from inside - weird!

I'll leave you with a sign at the monkey park demonstrating the creative use of English, and spelling too!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I thought the hotels were fabulous in Tokyo! I loved my hotel - and thought the bathroom toilets were so funny. I loved that "flushing" sound - and some had music to play while you did your business. So ingenious!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Shoot - I never tried the music...maybe next time.