Monday, April 29, 2013

Knitted Shrug - Done!

Yet another picture of my Butterick dress, first. I tried a green scarf I had in the closet for a belt.


Back to the regular belt. And my shrug doesn't work with this dress because this collar is so big.


So from the back, why is my rear-end so wide in this picture....


And much slimmer in this one? Is it the color of the fabric, the cut of the skirt, or the shrug creating a narrower waist?


And behold the shrug...which hasn't been blocked yet.


This is how it's presented in the book, The Yarn Girls' Guide to Knits for All Seasons, with the ends tied loosely, but they're a little thick for that.


I have no idea why one side is so much longer than the other when they hang free. Hopefully blocking will take care of that. Speaking of, do any of you ladies use special blocking pins, or do you just use your regular sewing pins?


Next up is the Sorbetto top by Colette Patterns. Already got it printed out, taped together, and pieces cut out. I've got to get some more sleeveless tops to go with these skirts and shrug!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I love the green dress - and its vintage appeal - I think it is flattering - but I'm SO IMPRESSED with the shrug that you knitted - wow! You are a fast worker!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks Pam - this was really easy and plain.

Junior said...

Oh I like the shrug with that skirt! Very nice!